VIET ART WEEKLY ENEWS: 7/7 THRU 7/13
12965 Historic Main Street
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Thank you for your sponsorship of Viet Art Center & Nhom The Friends:
Viet Weekly magazine, Viet Tide magazine, Radio VNCR, Saigon TV, The Korea Times Los Angeles, Little Saigon TV, VATV, Nguoi Viet – 2 weekly, Nguoi Viet newspaper, Saigon Radio Hai Ngoai, SBTN (Saigon Broadcasting Television Network), VHN TV (Vietnam Hai Ngoai), Quincy Discount Printing, Bolsa Tickets, Coffee Factory, Uy Vu Entertainment, Perfume Company, Nguoi Viet Auto Body, BP Travel, Phuong Lan Music St., Anselms Cross Cultural Community Center, Rev. Minh Hanh & Quang Minh
Artists: Suzie Vuong, Pham Thu Hai, and Phi Loc
Friday, July 20, 2007 – 1030am-230pm
Summer Field Trip: Huntington Beach Picnic
Friday, July 27, 2007 – 1030am-230pm
Summer Field Trip: Irvine Museum
Saturday, July 28, 11am-noon – Afterschool Orientation
co-organized by Viet Art Center & St. Anselm Cross Cultural Community Center
- St. Anselm Cross Cultural Community Center: presenting transportation service from various schools to Viet Art Center after school
- Viet Art Center: presenting After School Program and the instructor team
Saturday, August 25, 2007 – 6:00PM to 10:00PM
ORGANIZED BY NHOM THE FRIENDS
This concert featuring guest singer: Quoc Tuan from San Jose , is now postponed to August 25, instead of August 11 for two main reasons:
- Violinist Luan Vu will celebrate his birthday at this concert
- Viet Art Center sponsors the exhibition of the artist Ho Kim Quy from Saigon , Vietnam . Artist Ho Kim Quy is an ex-student of the famous artist Truong Thi Thinh. Her paintings (lacquer –son mai - and mixed media) will be presented together with artist Suzie Vuong ( California ) between 8/15-8/27.
More details about the Yesterday concert and two female artists: Suzie Vuong and Ho Kim Quy will be available next week.
Detail coming soon - Contact Information: Luan Vu – 7144675840 Viet Art Center : 7145340398
VIET ART CENTER EDUCATION PROGRAM
Advisory Director: Professor Quyen Di (UCLA/CSULB)
Program Director: Michelle Phuong Thao
We welcome you to Summer Time and Art Programs at Viet Art Center . A time of fairy tales, of bright sunshine, of magnificent rainbows, of cheerful laughter, of blossom fun, and of warm love. Years from now, as we will be together, Viet Art Center will be one of your “good old memories”.
ACADEMIC, MUSIC & PERFORMANCE ART CLASSES
SUMMER PROGRAM & PRIVATE LESSONS
Please contact Viet Art Center for detail info about private lessons
Math & Science: Don Nguyen (UCLA, Mai Vu (UCLA)
Creative Writing: Monique Keleman (UCLA), Michelle Phuong Thao, Thu Vu (Segestrom Volunteer)
Drawing/Graphic Design: Guc Timothy
Vietnamese: Cam Tien
Calligraphy: Chau Thuy
Voice: Le Hong Quang, Uy Vu
Piano: Phuong Loan, Uy Vu
Violin: Luan Vu
Vietnamese Martial Arts - Dich Vo Dao: Great Master Hung Phong and Giang
Leadership Development – Nathan Phan & Vinh Phan (OCHSA & Eagle Scouts)
Yoga & Visual Art: Sarah (OCHSA)& Alicia (OCHSA)
Traditional Dance: Annie Nguyen
VIET ART AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
- Starting Fall 2007: 2 daily sessions: 12:30pm-4:00pm: Kindergarten; 3:30pm-7:00pm: grade 1-8
- Transportation service from school to Viet Art Center provided by St. Anselm Cross Cultural Community Center.
- Homework tutoring program; SAT reasoning review; Creative Writing, Vietnamese; Visual Arts, Martial Arts; Dance, and more
- Please contact Viet Art Center for details
VIET ART SUMMER PROGRAM
Section II begins July 30-August 31 – see attached schedule
The Viet Art Summer Program runs Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Cost – Session: $10; ½ day: $15; full-day: $25
Special discount for low-income family and siblings
Field Trips – Since the summer is almost over, section II schedule will no longer have field trip; instead, the schedule will devote the morning sessions to teach Math/Science/Creative Writing and to prepare for school. The art/music/vietnamese classes will still be available in the afternoon. Please see attached schedule for section II – Summer Program.
101 VIET ARTISTS
Inside Viet Art – July/August 2007: featuring Artist Nguyen Thi Kim Cuc – Saigon , Vietnam & Artist Suzie Vuong - California , USA
VIET ART CENTER FOUNDATION
A 501 (c) (3) nonprofit foundation to support and to promote Viet Art & Culture – are in process of filing for tax-exempt with state and federal government.